Thursday 16 May 2019

Camp reflection

I am leaning backwards scared out of my skin. I slowly start to walk down. I feel my harness tighten and realise I have stopped going down. I lean backwards again but I don't go down. I then lose grip on the rope and start falling towards the ground. I quickly grab the rope and stop falling. I loosen my grip and start going back to the ground. I reach the ground and look up for my next instructions. "Show me your hands." The instructor says so I do. He pulls the rope away and I undo the clips on my harness. "I did it!" I think.

- A description of my experience at fergs kyacks and rock climbing.

Climbing one of the walls at fergs.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool piece of writing about our time Rock climbing Lucy. You did so well! For next time we will work on adding more detail and changing words in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, I like your photo of you climbing. It reminded me of when I went to clip and climb. Next time maybe you could put a bit more detail because it did not have much detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.