Monday 23 November 2020

Activity two

 For our second art-themed T-shaped literacy, we had to write about what we thought about the article 'Graffiti: Street art - or crime?'. I found this a hard thing to write about because I'm not sure what I think about graffiti. I enjoyed getting to read the article because it was quite interesting to hear peoples' opinions on the topic. I found it challenging to write what I thought about graffiti. To be BTB (Better Than Before) I could.

What I think about graffiti, and should the men be arrested?

I have mixed feelings about graffiti but I think the men shouldn't have been arrested. I agree with what Bob said: "The greater the cost of removing the graffiti, the greater the punishment should be, though not prison." They did do graffiti which is a type of vandalism but being jailed for over a year is a bit much.

My feelings about graffiti are mixed because even though it is bad it is still a form of art. You wouldn't arrest someone for dancing on the side of a road, so don't arrest someone doing art. I know dance and graffiti are different but you sort of get the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.