Thursday 11 March 2021

Word Study - Thermal Energy

 For T-shaped literacy we got to chose one-three words from the list before making a word map about our chosen word(s). I originally read it as three words and chose solar energy, thermal energy, and nuclear energy. Then I realised it was one-three and did just thermal energy so I could put a lot of work into it. I enjoyed getting to read about thermal energy because I learnt a lot of things. I found it challenging to explain what thermal energy was. To be BTB (Better Than Before) I could make a longer description about what thermal energy was.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Lucy
    This is really cool Lucy, it's good how you explained how thermal is different than heat.
    Maybe you could have said what else it melts, not just ice-cream.
    Miro G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hewwo Miro
      I didn't have much room on the page so I didn't write other things. But . . . Ice melts, jelly melts, butter melts, chocolate melts, and candles melt. There are plenty of other things though!
      Lucy

      Delete
    2. Also, maybe you could have explained how cars create thermal energy. You could also make the text smaller. It's very good though!
      Miro G

      Delete
    3. Cars don't actually make thermal energy. They make heat and sound energy.
      Lucy

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.