Wednesday 22 April 2020

Family story

Today for literacy we had to write a story about our family and it has to be based in a place special to our family. I enjoyed getting to write the story even though it was hard. I found it challenging to remember where was a special place for our family. This was also hard because I wanted it to be a memory of something our family had done and I couldn't remember anything. So after a bit(A really long time) of thinking, I came up with this.

The sound of talking and laughter filled the air as the Dawber family(The only McKays are Mum, Dad, Ruby and I) play on the beach at golden bay, our family’s most treasured place. This is the Dawber family AGM, a time for the whole family to get together and talk. The children pull the two kayaks down from the house before kayaking in the lagoon by the stone bridge. Splashes can be heard as the dogs play in the waves. We stay until the sun goes down then we all walk back up to the house ready for some more talking and some fish that the dad’s caught. Late that night I put on some warm clothes and walk outside to meet Dad and the others wanting to look for eels in the now dried up lagoon. Dad grabs one and throws it at me. I jump back then splash him with water. This carries on until all the eels have swum away. I then sit on the stone bridge and look for shrimp, when I see one I jump down and try to grab it, it never works. After a while of failing to catch shrimp, we walk back to the house and sleep. This is what the Dawbers(And some McKays) do every year or two. This is what brings our family together, at the place we can all call home.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Miro, I absolutely love Golden Bay and it sounds like you have the most amazing time when you go. You're very lucky to be surrounded by your extended family for those special moments. What is your favourite thing to do while you're in Golden Bay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't choose a favourite thing to do in Golden bay. I love all the kayaking, swimmin, fishing, spending time with my famil and every other thing we do there. Also I'm just going to note that you called me Miro.
      Lucy

      Delete
    2. I am so sorry Lucy! Clearly I did far too many blog comments yesterday! When you go fishing what kind of fish do you catch?

      Delete
    3. I haven't caught any fish yet and if I did I would relese them. But I go fishing for trout. We have a river on our farm with heaps of trout in it.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.