Wednesday 3 June 2020

My poem

For literacy, we had to make a twenty line poem with two sentences on each line. Both sentences had to rhyme. An example would be, My flying bat. My naughty cat. I enjoyed getting to write a poem. I found it challenging to rhyme the last lines. To be BTB (Better Than Before) I could make the rhymes less loose.


My childhood

My annoying goat. My Grandad Bob's boat.
My fishing rod. My floating log.
My ballet shoes. My giant bruise.
My fish feeding. My book reading.
My top shed. My messy bed.
My dog Bella. My dog Stella.
My electric fence. My collecting pence.
My chalkboard. My dance award.
My poem writing. My kayaking.
My feeding mice. My "That's nice".
My writing books. My building hooks.
My cat Shilly. My "Dad's silly".
My drawing cats. My doing maths.
My "Mother said". My dog Meg.
My dog Tess. My bedroom's a mess.
My cow Twig. My Wilbur the pig.
My old hat. My patting the cat.
My race running. My calf chasing.
My riding horses. My jumping courses.
My cow riding. My para-sailing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy, Emma here.
    I really enjoyed reading this poem, and I found it very interesting.
    To be BTB (Better Than Before) next time you could try and make some sentences rhyme a bit more.
    But other than that it was great! Keep up the good work.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, I was thinking the same thing but, oh well
      Lucy

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.