Wednesday 18 December 2019

Week 1: Day 1: Explorers

Activity 1: Setting sail
1. Apples because they are healthy and help clean your teeth
2. Chocolate because it will keep me fueled
3. Bread so i can make sandwiches
4. Lemons to make lemonade
5. Sugar to make lemonade
6. Biscuits because I like them
7. Tomatoes because they are healthy
8. Bottled water because salt water makes you thirsty
9. Orange because it is high in vitamin D?
10. Marshmallows because I deserve a treat sometimes



Activity 2: Discovering Aotearoa
My family speaks English. We have family from England and Scotland on both sides of the family. I think we have more Scotland than England because my last name is Scottish. I know of one Scottish ancestors on my Dads side his name is Robert the Bruce.


Activity 3: Scaling New Heights
The charity that I have chosen is RDA NZ. RDA NZ (Riding for the disabled association New zealand) helps people with disabilities through riding. There are 54 RDAs around NZ. Have a look at this link to find out more. RDA

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lucy!

    My name is Matilda. I live in Auckland, and this summer I am working as one of the blog commenters that will be reading and commenting on your blog posts. I am really looking forward to reading everything you post for the summer learning journey, and getting to know you a bit better!

    Awesome work on day ones posts! You have done such a good job on all of them! I especially like your ‘Discovering Aotearoa’ activity! Thank you for sharing this about your family! It is really cool that you know so much about where your family is from. I also have family from England!

    How did you learn about your Scotish ancestor? Do you know anything else about him?

    I’m looking forward to reading more of your posts! Keep it up!

    Matilda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matilda
      I learnt about my Scottish ancestor when my grandma did a DNA test. I also know that he was the king of Scotland after making the quote If at first you don't succeed try, try and try again.
      Lucy

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.