Thursday 19 December 2019

Week 1: Day 2: Up in the air

Activity 1: Flying Solo



Activity 2: One Small Step for Man
Neil
Exciting, amazing
Running, jumping, floating
Moon, space, Apollo, Rocket
Moonwalking, Gliding, Hoping
Awesome, Great
Armstrong


Activity 3: Miracle on the Hudson
My Mum was brave because when she was 17 she flew to Argentina and stayed there for a year. She did not know anybody, couldn’t speak Spanish and had never left the country. She had to spend 17 hours on the plane,16 hours on a bus and about 1 and a half hours in a ute. While she was in the ute she saw her first snake and they ran it over.

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora!

    Nice work with this post Lucy! Well done completing these three activities. Thank you for taking the time to complete them :)

    I really like your poem about being on the moon! You thought of a really creative format for this! You have come up with some really good words to describe what it would feel like to be on the moon! I think that running, jumping and floating would all be really fun things to try in space! If I ever went to space I would definitely try them!

    Would you like to go to the moon? What are some things you would like to try in space? I would want to try to do flips.

    This will be the last time I comment on your posts for a while because I am going on holiday for two weeks. I will be back on the 6th of January and I’m already looking forward to reading all the posts you will have done! Keep up the awesome work while I’m away! :)

    Matilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matilda
      If I went to they moon i would definitely try to do flips. I would also like to try horse riding on the moon especially doing jumping.
      Lucy

      Delete
  2. Wow Lucy!
    What a wonderful post, your mum must have been very brave to fly all the way to South America by herself. How do you think you would feel if you did such a long trip by yourself?
    Keep up the great blogging and have a wonderful Christmas,
    Miss F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Farr
      I would be very scared if I went to another country for a year. Have a great Christmas and I can't wait for you to teach me next year.
      Lucy

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.