Monday 4 May 2020

Blood falls drawing

We had a can-do today and that was to read a description of a place and then draw it. I choose to draw Blood falls. Blood falls is a blood-red waterfall that is coming out of a glacier in Antarctica. At the bottom of the glacier, there are some rocks and a frozen lake, West Lake Bonney. If you want to try doing one the link is here:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/drawing-challenge-description-only?fbclid=IwAR3QLz_jUrVGKRfqAzzLrt-7dVo1k0YnXAPjSNO31u6MlyEQYZRXnRJvpJQ
I enjoyed getting to draw Blood falls. I found it challenging to work out what shape the glacier would be(I got it wrong). To be BTB(Better Than Before) I could do some more with different places.


My drawing


Blood falls

2 comments:

  1. Great work Lucy! I like you did a great job considering you only had a description. I wonder what makes the water turn red like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water turns red because there are iron oxides in it. How do you think you would do if you did it?
      Lucy

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.