Monday 25 May 2020

Matariki quiz

We had to do the quiz and I found it very interesting. Some questions were about Matariki but some were about the Maramataka. I learnt that the Maori name for winter is Hotoke, Rakauni was the Maori name for the full moon and that Takurura is associated with winter because it is the Maori name for Sirius, the star that appears in winter. I enjoyed getting to do the quiz. I found it challenging to answer the fifth question.

If you want to do the quiz click here:
https://www.tepapa.govt.nz/discover-collections/read-watch-play/maori/matariki-maori-new-year/matariki-whare-tapere/quiz-how

2 comments:

  1. Ka mau te wehi Lucy! You learnt a lot from the quiz. I also learnt the two words for winter. To make your work BTB you could tell us what Maramataka is as I don't think everyone will know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maramataka is the Maori luner calender. I will add that if I have time.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.