Wednesday 23 December 2020

SLJ - Rise Up

 Seeing as I find it hard and boring to write captions (And it's the school holidays) I won't be writing captions on any of my SLJ (Summer Learning Journey) posts.


Mine is completely random, Senseless is about a book character (Dovewing), I'm cursed is about a book character (Goosefeather), Long Ago is about a book character (Briarlight), Enemy is about a character in a book I wrote (Goldenheart), and Perfect is about two book characters (Firestar and Spottedleaf)

Mine:

When you open your eyes,

you see many things.

You know it’s your time to rise

So you spread your wings to the skies

Life won’t pass you by



Examples of others I have written:

Senseless:

Now I’m, senseless

I gotta put up a fight

Senseless

I’ll run away in the night


I’m Cursed:

I have a problem . . .   I’m being haunted.

I’m cursed! I’m sick of seeing all these ghosts!

I’m cursed! If only I could get a break!

I’m cursed!


Long Ago:

I am crippled,

 my back legs work no more.

The water ripples,

showing what my heart is longing for.


Enemy:

You killed my sister,

I will get revenge

You are now my enemy,

your life will soon end

You are my enemy, 

my enemy


Perfect:

She’s perfect,

there’s no other word to describe it!

She’s worth it,

now I’m feeling like a kit


2 comments:

  1. Hey Lucy

    Benjamin here from the SLJ.

    Whoa, amazing writing! To me there seems to be a lot of emotion and energy in these pieces. Do you write often Lucy? You certainly must read often to have all of these different characters to draw from.

    I’m going to mark this blog post as outstanding because I think you’ve shared some really special work here and so I want to acknowledge that.

    All the best,

    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Benjamin
      I do write often, and I do alot of reading. All the characters I wrote songs about are from the Warriors series. It's a series about four Clans of cats that live in the wild, written by Erin Hunter.
      Lucy

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.