Wednesday 16 December 2020

SLJ - Tanerore

 For the SLJ (Summer Learning Journey) we had to create our own Maori drawing. I did ferns in the centre because they represent New Zealand, four hammerhead sharks because they represent strength (Strength of the sun), and a koru at the top because it is used in most Maori drawings. I used Kleki.com to draw on. I enjoyed getting to draw it. I found it challenging to place everything. To be BTB (Better Than Before) I could add more detail or colour it in.



2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Lucy,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    I thought this activity was very interesting as it teaches you about Tānerore who you are able to see often on these hot summer days and about the infamous kowhaiwhai pattern seen throughout Māori culture. Have you seen him in the hot air yet this summer?

    Your Kowhaiwhai pattern looks beautiful and I like that you featured many different patterns in it like Koru and the Mangopare which is the hammer head pattern. You included a lot of information about what each pattern symbolizes and it was very interesting.

    If you were to add colors what would you add and why?

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Zana,
      I didn't add colours because I didn't know which ones to use. So that should answer your question.
      Lucy

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.