Sunday 14 January 2018

Week 1: In the Beginning (1800 - 1870): Day 3: It’s All In The Family

Activity 1: The More, the Merrier?
I would not like to live in a family of nine children because it would be to much
noise for me to read and I would get a headache

Activity 2: Acknowledging Ancestry
Ko Mt Alexander  te maunga    The mountain that I affiliate* to is…
Ko New river te awa          The river that I affiliate to is….
Ko ________________________ te waka The waka that I affiliate to is…
Ko ________________________ tōku tīpuna My founding ancestor is…
Ko McKay  tōku iwi          My tribe is…
Ko ________________________ tōku hapu My sub-tribe is…
Ko ________________________ tōku marae My marae is…
Ko Greymouth ahau I am from…
Ko Heather  rāua ko Kelvin ōku mātua  My parents are … and …
Ko Lucy  tōku ingoa. My name is …







Bonus Activity: Fun Family Facts
Mum: Swimming, going on holidays
Ruby: Swimming, staying in the shade
Grandma: Swimming, spending time with the grandchildren


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Lucy,

    My name is Megan, I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. I am excited to see some of your posts and will be commenting on your work over the summer.

    Wow, I loved reading your pepeha and learning that your mountain in Mt Alexander. I remember driving past this beautiful mountain when I was a child and being absolutely amazed. Why does this mountain mean a lot to you? Do you see it from your hometown, or do you travel to Mt Alexander?

    My hometown is Taupo and the mountain that I affiliate to, is Mt Ruapehu. This is a beautiful mountain that I can see from my hometown. We would often go skiing there and visit the incredible waterfalls surrounding it. I now live in Auckland with lots of green mountains but nothing as stunning as Mt Ruapehu. I miss having the beautiful view of a huge mountain on my back doorstep.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful pepeha. Remember to keep this close to your heart as this is a wonderful way to create whanaungatanga (connection) with people. I have enjoyed reading your activities and would love to see more of your work.

    Have a beautiful day,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.