Monday 22 January 2018

Week 3: The Post War(s) Era (1951-1999): Day 4: Perms and Lycra (The 1980’s)

Activity 1: Hairy Maclary
“Out of the gate and off for a walk went Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy…”


He went to the butchers to get a quick snack. When he was coming back other
dogs followed. Oh No he thought I must act quick. So off he ran the dog all
followed. So with a kick and a flick. There was three dogs left. What should I do
he thought. He just a brick wall and one dog was left. He went through a bush
and that got rid of him. So make home he went it was Hairy Maclary from
Donaldson’s Dairy.




Activity 2: The Big ‘OE’
I want to go to Canada
  1. To see arctic foxes
  2. To go skiing
  3. To go ice skating



Bonus Activity: The 4 O’Clock News
I would like to interview my mum

I want to ask her what school was like when she was young

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy!

    Activity One:
    This is a great story about Hairy! I felt a little bit sorry for is doggy friends though...I wonder why he didn't want to hang out?
    Have you read many of the Hairy Mclary books?
    I think my favourite character is Hercules Morse because I like big dogs - What about you do you have a favourite character?
    I am sure your cat Shilly is much more well behaved than the dogs from the story? or is she quite mischievous?
    Greta job with your story Lucy - It was very entertaining, I could definitely see it as a picture book.

    Activity Two:
    This is a great start to your OE activity Lucy, in order to gain full points you are needing to add some pictures to your activities and also give a little bit more detail. Where would you go to see the arctic foxes? Is there somewhere you go or a person that will take you?
    Which mountain would you like to ski on?
    Where would you go ice-skating? Maybe here: http://canada150rink.com/
    Looks pretty awesome and I think a trip to Canada sounds amazing!

    Bonus Activity:
    Awesome start to this activity Lucy, so you can receive full points it would be great if you could list some of the questions you would like to ask your Mum.
    What in particular would you like to know about from school? Would you like her to make any comparisons? Would you like to know about what they learnt or what they played in the playground?
    Is there a reason you have picked your Mum to interview instead of someone else?
    I will be really interested to hear your ideas!

    Keep up the great work Lucy!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.