Tuesday 16 January 2018

Week 1: In the Beginning (1800 - 1870): Day 4: Hitting a High Note…

Activity 1: The Waiata - A Song in Your
Heart
My favourite was Maramataka because it has a nice rhythm to it


Activity 2: Playing Games
Name: Poi Rakau
Goal: To always catch the stick
2 rules: 1. No digging the stick into the ground. 2. No holding the stick


Bonus Activity: Musical Festivals –
Matatini
  1. Tamatea Arikinui
  2. Te Puku o Te Ika
  3. Te Iti Kahurangi

I gave these the rankings I did because of the rhythm

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Lucy, thanks for completing another set of activities. My name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey. It's great to see you've been working hard over your summer break.

    Could you share a few more reasons why you chose the waiata Maramataka?

    I love playing Poi Rakau with my class, it is an awesome game. I like how simple it is and easy for children to learn. You can also change the rules slightly to make it easier or harder depending on the skill level of the players.

    Would you be able to share a few more reasons for your selection of musical performances? What else besides the rhythm did you enjoy?
    What did you think of the singing, the lyrics, the dancing etc.

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.