Sunday 21 January 2018

Week 2: A Period of Change (1871 - 1950): Day 5: Coming to an End

Activity 1: VE Day!
All my family and friends would come we would have a bonfire and then walk
down to the beach and play with the pets.

Activity 2: Making a Fashion Statement
The styles are very different I think I like the clothes from the 1940s In 65 years
I think all the clothes will be neon colours and attract lots of butterflies








Bonus Activity: Sweet Tooth


Apple pie

Line a tin with pastry chop up apple and put it in sprinkle with cinnamon
cover with more pastry cook for 25 - 30 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy!

    Just me again! :)

    Activity One:
    This sounds like a really lovely way to celebrate VE Day!
    I think having a bonfire sounds like a lot of fun, would you do this at the beach or somewhere else?

    That's cool that you would take your pets to the beach to play, it would be really cool to walk down the beach and see your party happening!

    What kind of food do you think you would eat on VE Day? Would you roast marshmellows in your bonfire? YUM! I love to roast marshmellows :)

    Activity Two:
    You have made an awesome start to this activity Lucy, but to get full points I would love to hear a bit more about what you think of the 1940's fashion -
    Was there something specific you liked about it?
    Would you like to wear the little dresses they have on everyday?
    Do you prefer what we have now or what they wear?
    What is different about our clothes now compared to then?

    Hopefully these questions help a little!
    I also think you clothing for the future sounds awesome - it would be really cool to see butterflies following the humans around.

    Bonus Activity:
    YUM! I really like apple pie too! I think it is delicious fresh out of the oven in a bowl with milk....how do you like to eat yours?

    Do you ever make the apple pie or your family make it?
    I have only made apple crumble which I really like too but I have not tried making a pie yet!
    Hopefully you have managed to fit in lots of apple pie eating over the summer break!

    Keep up the amazing work Lucy!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.