Friday 11 January 2019

Week 2: Day 1: Swimming with the Fish

Activity 1: Surfs Up!
One of my favourite summer activities is reading because you can learn about so many things and you
can choose from any type of book like adventure,  Fiction, Non-fiction and more.



Activity 2: The Great Taupo Cycle Challenge
First I would choose my Dad So if my bike broke he could fix it. Second I would choose My mum
Because if I fell off she would cheer me up. Last I would choose my sister because she is annoying but
she is a really good friend.

Activity 3: Something Smells Fishy…
The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish. TRUE


Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids. TRUE


Starfish are a type of fish. FALSE


Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans, hisses, etc) TRUE

Fish usually swim together in groups called ‘classes.’ FALSE

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy!

    Great job at completing another day of the Summer Learning Journey!

    Activity One:
    Such a cool picture and great choice of summertime activity! What book are you reading at the moment?
    Do you have a favourite book?
    I think that mine might be a book called 'the Alchemist' - It's a great read about a boy who gives up his life as a shepard to take a chance on an adventure. I thought that he was pretty brave and I enjoyed following his journey!
    Hopefully you have had heaps of time over the school holidays to go book crazy!!:)

    Activity Two:
    This sounds like a fantastic support team! I like that you have given great thought into the strengths that each person can offer to make you ride the best race possible!

    I think having your Dad on your support team is very clever - The Taupo race is so long you never know what kind of troubles you may run into with your bike so having a repair man would be very handy!

    Sounds like your Mum is a great person to keep your morale high - very important if you fall over or are getting tired!

    It made me laugh what you said about you sister - it is sweet that you can see she is a good friend and would be helpful to you when riding in the race! Is she older or younger than you?

    Sounds like a dream team to me Lucy!

    Activity Three:
    Great job with this activity Lucy - you have clearly labelled each answer which makes it really easy to see/find - awesome :)
    Can you believe that there is a 65 year old fish living in the water out there?! So old aye?
    I think it's pretty amazing that we have only (apparently) explored about 5% of the ocean floor ...that's a lot of ocean floor left over, there might be some amazing sea beasts we don't even know about!!

    Do you have a favourite sea animal Lucy?
    I think mine is turtles - I got to swim around a lot of turtles when I was overseas and I thought they were so cool! They look really graceful when they are swimming through the water.

    Keep up the awesome work Lucy - You are doing a great job with your activities :)

    Nga Mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.