Friday 25 January 2019

Week 4: Day 2: Protecting Our Own

Activity 1: A Flying Fox
If I went ziplining I would be terrified. In case you don’t know I am terrified of basically everything.
Zipping through the air very high up is dangerous! Well that is what I say even though I know it is
not.


Activity 2: A Protective Plant
  1. Basil
  2. Tomato
  3. Watermelon
  4. Cucumber
  5. Zucchini
  6. Beans
  7. Raspberries
  8. Blueberries
  9. Blackberries
  10. Boysenberries


Activity 3: A House is Not a Home

I find the national reserves in Mozambique project the most interesting because they are reducing
elephant poaching.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy!

    Activity One:
    Woah! Sounds like ziplining would be a very scary experience for you!
    I am a bit afraid of heights ...
    I like to challenge my fears sometimes though - I worked at a camp in America and decided to become a High Ropes Instructor to try lessen my fear of heights. I think it worked a little bit. :)
    I also tried canyoneering on my trip to the Philippines and jumped from a 13m high waterfall - I was really scared but chuffed I did it!!

    Maybe one day you could give zip-lining a go... you might like it? :)

    Activity Two:
    These are some great fruits and veggies to grow!
    Do you grow any of these at home already?
    I think you might need a special just berry section in your garden with all of those berries you would like to grow - Is one of them your favourite?
    I think I like raspberries the best :)
    I am also on team zucchini, I think that is a great choice... I have grown those in my garden before!

    Activity Three:
    That is great you found the Moazmbique project interesting Lucy!
    In order to get full points for this activity you are needing to add a little more detail...
    You could think about:
    - What are they doing to reduce elephant poaching?
    - Why is this important?
    - How successful have they been?

    Looking forward to hearing more about this project Lucy, it sounds like a really awesome and interesting topic!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.