Saturday 12 January 2019

Week 2: Day 2: Fabulous Flora


                                                                                                                                                            


Activity 1: Weaving a Tall Tale…
I have tried weaving before and I like. I would like to try it again because I have only done it once.
It interests me because I like any form of art.


Activity 2: Mighty Mangroves
In My opinion, my Dad is tough because most days a cow will kick him or stand on him. My Dad is
strong because he has to lift all the heavy parts for the cowshed and sometimes he has to lift a cow!!!


Activity 3: Stranger than Fiction
Mimosa pudica is also known as the sensitive plant. It is native to South America but can be seen all
over the world. When you touch it its leaves fold up immediately.
Titan arum is also known as the corpse flower. It is the largest and stinkiest flower in the world. It only blooms in 40 years. It is protected by law because it is so rare.
Mimosa pudica Titan arum

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lucy,
    I am Gargee from Hay Park School. I can see lots of interesting information here, and that is good for me because I can learn a lot from you. I like how you like weaving, because I do too and maybe we can do weaving with each other someday. I feel slightly jealous because your family has lots of animals, but I'm not allowed. I have never heard about Mimosa Pudica and Titan arum, so that taught me something new. Do you like flowers?

    Happy Blogging
    Gargee HPS
    hpsgargeej.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy

    It is great that you like art and would like to try flax weaving. It is a really great craft to learn. There are so many cool things that you can make. I really like the ketes. I recently went to Rarotonga on holiday and bought a traditional kete from there at the market. The work that has gone into creating this basket is incredible. I love it. I would like to try and make something too.

    Your Dad sounds like he is really strong. If he has to sometimes lift a cow he must be amazing. I know that they are not the easiest animals to deal with at the best of times. There would be a lot of heavy things in a cow shed to lift. Dads are very strong caring people and we are all lucky to have strong capable Dads in our lives. Your Dad sounds awesome!

    These are two really great plants that you have told us about here. When you think of plants and flowers you generally think of nice smelling things. But I am not sure that I would like to smell the Titan arum plant. Even the name is creepy, don't you think? And crazy to think that is only blooms once every 40 years.

    Well done with this days activities Lucy. You are doing a great job. Remember to make all you answers at least three sentences long and always in your own words.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.