Thursday 17 January 2019

Week 3: Day 5: Here to Stay

Activity 1: Persistent Pollution
  1. Greenhouse gasses is air pollution
  2. Smoke is air pollution
  3. Toxic pollutants is air pollution

Activity 2: Changing Climates
  1. Read
  2. Bake
  3. Draw
  4. Do schoolwork
  5. Watch my fish

Activity 3: Let It Rain

When I opened the door I saw no grass and bare Trees. There was nothing to do. It was just bare
trees for miles. The acid rain had destroyed everything. I ran down to the trees, OUCH! I yelled
because there were some puddles of acid rain by the trees and I had stood in one. I walked around
the house to what used to be our garden. The sight was horrible there were holes in the trampoline,
the chains from the hanging baskets were the only good thing left. My family sadly walked to the
river and tried to test the water but it burned the container, it was acid. My friends walked down the
river edge to see me. They told me that all their gardens were ruined. Clara said her house had nearly
slid down the hill it was on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy!

    Wow!! Already at the end of week 3! One more week to go! :)

    Activity One:
    Great job in listing three different types of air pollution! :)
    In order to get full points for this activity maybe you could tell me a little bit more about each type of pollution you have listed or write about some other things you also learnt from the video.

    I think that it is pretty sad how much human activity has caused pollution to the Earth - I wish that we were doing much more to reverse the damage we have cause to the Earth!
    What do you think Lucy?
    Have you been learning about pollution in school? Are there any iniatives that you know to help reduce our carbon footprint?

    Activity Two:
    This is an awesome list of rainy day activities!

    I like that one of your rainy day activities is bake... What do you like to bake? I used to like making pancakes when I was stuck inside on a rainy day :)

    Reading is another great activity!I know it was also your favourite summertime activity too, I'm thinking you must read lots and lots of books! Do you have any favourites? What are you reading at the moment?

    I used to do a lot of colouring with my brother in the school holidays, we used to print off different pictures from the internet and practise our shading :)
    What kind of things do you like to draw? Maybe you could post some of your pictures onto your blog! I bet they are awesome :)


    Activity Three:
    Wow! What an experience you had with the acid rain!!
    I can imagine having no trees or grass would be such a sight! Crazy!!
    I like the way you have described the environment in your story, it sounds very eerie!
    I would be insane seeing areas that are so familiar to you looking one way being completely changed!
    Did you use anything for inspiration for this story?
    I can't believe your friends house almost slid down a hill too... I'm glad it didn't!

    Great imagination with this story Lucy - I really enjoyed reading it!

    Can't wait to see what you come up with for week 4 Lucy! Keep up the amazing work, just remember - add as much detail to your work as you can! :)

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.